Taking Punch to a Higher Stage
The P3SD4-12 Punch Series 12″ Shallow-Mount Subwoofer has a peak power rating of 800 watts and a RMS rating of 400 watts. It is capable of producing some earth shaking bass and is constructed with an anodized aluminum cone and a vertical attach surround technique. This woofer is also equipped with a 2-1/2″ Voice coil and a protective PVC textured magnet cover. Rockford Fosgate understands all vehicles are not the same, because some cannot accommodate deep subwoofers. In the past, that meant no Bass. Not anymore! Now even depth challenged vehicles can have REAL Bass and the Dual Voice Coil allow configurations for every application.
Anodized Aluminum Voice Coil Former
By using an anodized aluminum voice coil former on their subwoofers, Rockford Fosgate is able to dissipate heat from the voice coil more efficiently. A hot voice coil can melt the adhesive bonds, which will lead to eventual subwoofer failure. The aluminum voice coil former acts as a heat-sink to dissipate thermal build-up on the voice coil cool during high SPL conditions.
Conforms to CEA-2031
Rockford Fosgate has built this subwoofer to conform to the CEA-2031 loudspeaker power handling industry standards. This means that you can trust the subwoofer to have the capacity to safely handle the continuous (RMS) power rating. Having a CEA-2031 power handling is important when matching a subwoofer to an amplifier because the power ratings are accurate.
Stitched Tinsel Leads
To improve the reliability and performance by reducing fatigue and possible shorting, Rockford Fosgate has stitched the tinsel leads to the spider. The multipoint periodic stitching lead wires reduce the mass of the tinsel leads to spread the stress over a greater area. This improves the reliability and performance of the subwoofer.
VAST: Vertical Attach Surround Technique
In order to increase the surface area of the cone without causing any installation issues, Rockford Fosgate designed the Vertical Attach Surround Technique (VAST). By redesigning the manner in which the surround adheres to the basket, these speakers gain up to 25% more effective radiating cone area. This improves the nominal efficiency and maximum output.
- 12″ Punch Series Shallow-mount Subwoofer
- Power Handling:
- Peak: 800 watts
- RMS: 400 watts
- Recommended power range: 200 – 400 watts RMS
- Impedance: Dual 4 ohm
- 2.5″ Dual Voice Coil with spun-laced Nomex insulating collar
- Kevlar Fiber Semi-Pressed Paper Cone
- M-Roll Santoprene surround
- Anodized aluminum cone and dustcap
- Dual linear spider with embedded 16 AWG tinsel leads
- Diamond cut cast aluminum trim ring
- Shallow Motor Assembly
- Tear and fatigue resistant poly-cotton spider
- StampCast basket with integrated spider venting
- Dual 10 AWG compression speaker connections
- Optimized for both sealed and vented enclosures
- Top-mount depth: 3.65″
- Cutout diameter: 11.22″
- Frequency Response: 34 – 250 Hz
- Sensitivity: 85 dB
- Xmax: 8.4 mm
- Magnet weight: 1.45 oz
- Resonance Frequency (Fs): 34 Hz
- Optional Stamped Mesh Grille Insert Available, sold separately: Rockford Fosgate P3SG-12