Versatility is a necessity in audio these days. You need multiple options and looks for different situations of installation or even your mood. DS18 has modular tweeters that have multiple mounting options and also a variant of looks that are all easily changed with a flick of the wrist. This tweeter has three “modes” or ways it can be mounted with included modular pieces. Mode1, flush mount. Mode 2, angle mount. Mode 3, flat mount. Which all are very useful for all kinds of mounting options but also give the tweeters a new look for every new mount used. Peak power is set to 200w with an AES rating of 50w with a very high sensitivity of 102DB so it does not take a lot of wattage to get these loud.
- Fully modular mounting design with included hardware.
- Each new design gives the tweeter a fresh look.
- 200w peak and 50w AES power handling so not a lot of power is required.
- 1″ aluminum CCA voice coil with Neodymium magnet structure.
- Nominal Diameter Flush/ Surface: 3/2.2″
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
- Peak Power Handling: 200 Watts
- Program Power Handling: 100 Watts
- AES Power Handling: 50 Watts
- Sensitivity(1W/1W): 102 dB
- Frequency Response: 3KHz-20Khz
- Recommended Hi-Pass Crossover: 2 KHz
- Voice Coil Diameter: 1″
- Voice Coil Former Material: Kapton
- Winding Material: CCA
- Diaphragm Material Aluminum: Alloy
- Frame/Body Material: ABS
- Magnet Material: Neodymium
MODE 1 (FLUSH MOUNT)
- Overall Diameter: 2.95″
- Overall Depth: 1.39″
- Front Mount Baffle Cutout: 2.26″
- Mounting Depth: 1″
MODE 2 (ANGLE MOUNT)
- Overall Wide: 2.26″
- Overall Height: 2.1″
- Overall Depth: 2.3″
MODE 3 (FLAT SURFACE MOUNT)
- Overall Diameter: 2.26″
- Overall Height: 1.4″