For over two decades, AudioControl has been designing and manufacturing award-winning auto sound products at our factory located in the rainforests of the Pacific Northwest. During this period, countless sound-off winning contestants have chosen AudioControl products to give them the competitive edge. “Can you really win without AudioControl”, was part of an article written commenting on competition winning systems. Nothing sounds better than an awesome recording played back on a kickbutt system. Unfortunately, the acoustics of your vehicle can take away from your system’s performance. While AudioControl products do not change the laws of physics (although they act like they do), auto sound enthusiasts have long known that AudioControl products “make good stereo sound better”.
The Epicenter Plus – Bass Restoration Processor with Aux Input
Adding impactful bass to your factory installed system is simple with The Epicenter® Plus. AudioControl’s newest OEM Interface processor converts your speaker-level signals into high quality pre-amp outputs to give you More Bass, LOUDER! Plus, you get an auxiliary input for adding secondary sources (like iPods and Satellite Radio). High-impedance Speaker Level Inputs allow you tap off factory speaker leads for simple addition of aftermarket subwoofers to any factory audio system. AudioControl’s exclusive GTO Signal Sense Turn-on and corresponding 12-volt Remote Output provide the turn-on lead for aftermarket amplifiers. In addition to speaker-level inputs, The Epicenter Plus has line-level inputs for use with aftermarket systems. Give your subwoofers the juice to go lower and hit harder. The Epicenter Plus uses a bass circuit to drive your subwoofers lower, grabbing the attention of every eye on the boulevard.
Bring The Bass:
AudioControl’s The Epicenter Plus bass processor will maximize the low-frequency power of your system, whether you listen to bass from a small tube or a multi-woofer competition setup. Simply install this processor between your car’s receiver and your amps, and hear what you’ve been missing.
Bass Processor Restores the Lowest Frequencies:
The Epicenter Plus uses the bass enhancement circuitry of AudioControl’s legendary “The Epicenter” bass processor to analyze the signal coming from your headunit, restore low bass tones, and increase your bass response without stressing out your speakers. And you can connect The Epicenter InDash to just about any receiver, thanks to its speaker and preamp-level inputs.
Simple Yet Effective:
One twist of the bass knob, and you’ll hear the bottom returning to your music. The Epicenter InDash does a great job of pumping up your digital music files or live recordings, restoring low bass that’s been lost to compression or poor recording. Separate parametric, Para-BASS controls let you fine tune bass response and allow you to choose the center frequency for the bass maximization circuitry.
Since many car audio enthusiasts are multi-tasking listeners who want to use secondary sources like iPods, MP3 players, and satellite radios, The Epicenter Plus provides an auxiliary audio input for these devices. If you use this function, you will need to use a source that has its own volume control. The Auxiliary input is easily activated by tapping the dash control knob. You will be happy to know that The Epicenter Plus has a cool blue LED indicator that will light when the Auxiliary input is activated.
- EpicenterPlus Bass Restoration Processor
- OEM integration interface
- GTO Signal Sensing Inputs for Automatic Turn-on
- PFM Subsonic Filter
- Bass maximization circuit
- Balanced Pre-amp inputs
- Integrated inputs for iPod, Satellite Radio, and other audio devices
- Speaker level inputs able to accept 400 watts of power
- Automatic turn-on
- Dash mountable remote with blue LED for bass control and source selection
- 12-Volt remote turn amplifiers on
- Bass maximization circuit
- Converts your speaker-level signals into high quality pre-amp outputs
- Line-Level inputs for use with aftermarket systems
- Color: Black Blue
- Also available in Salmon Gray
- Now available in Black: Sierra White
- Input Connection Type: RCA, Speaker Level
- Output Connection Type: RCA
- Maximum Input Voltage: 9.5 Vrms
- Maximum Output Voltage: 9.5 Vrms
- Adjustable Center Frequency: No
- Bass/Gain Remote: Yes
- Auxiliary Input: Yes
- Total Number of Inputs: 3
- Total Number of Outputs: 1
- Frequency Response:10 – 22000 Hz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 130 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): 0.003%